IFIS Chat & Announce archive: Picocon (and admin)

To respond to any of the messages in this thread, either log in or email the list directly.

Whilst you're not logged in, email addresses are censored for the privacy of members.

Kim Coles
Picocon (and admin) 15/01/2009 14:46

Firstly, Picocon!

On Tuesday quite a few of you expressed interest in coming with us on a trip to Imperial College's SF convention. Just a reminder: Saturday 28th February, 10am start. (http://www.union.ic.ac.uk/scc/icsf/social/events/picocon/index.html)

I received an email from the organisers who have organised for us to have a slightly reduced ticket price. However, out of our love for you, this price is irrelevant as we will be paying it. The catch is that on arrival you MUST provide proof that you are either a student, or have Union Membership. If this is an issue, please email me back and I'll let them know to see what we can do.

Also, although the society will pay for the entry, travel expenses are down to you. We will need to catch a train from Egham station at about 8.50am, and then the tube to South Kensington station. So a Travelcard should be all you need. Despite my best efforts, I can still only find this price with a student railcard (7.10), so I would say round about 10 for those of you who don't have one. It would be good if we could all meet up beforehand/travel together, as that way Matt and I can sort payment out altogether at the door and not have to panic anyone.

Anyway, there will be more organisation once I have NUMBERS. So, if you are interested in a day out (partly) on us, then please reply and let me know. Thank you!

Kim

PS. Admin: after Tuesday's room-booking issue, I have spoken to the SU who have informed me that we are now meeting in ALT1 every Tuesday, instead of ALT2. That's the big lecture theatre by the foyer, just in case you're not sure. Would have been good of them to let me know this before the start of term, but nevermind :D See you in ALT1 on Tuesday!
Natasha Soo
Picocon (and admin) 15/01/2009 15:19

i'lll come!

Sent: Thu 15/01/2009 14:46
To: announce@
Subject: [IFIS] Picocon (and admin)

Firstly, Picocon!

On Tuesday quite a few of you expressed interest in coming with us on a trip to Imperial College's SF convention. Just a reminder: Saturday 28th February, 10am start. (http://www.union.ic.ac.uk/scc/icsf/social/events/picocon/index.html)

I received an email from the organisers who have organised for us to have a slightly reduced ticket price. However, out of our love for you, this price is irrelevant as we will be paying it. The catch is that on arrival you MUST provide proof that you are either a student, or have Union Membership. If this is an issue, please email me back and I'll let them know to see what we can do.

Also, although the society will pay for the entry, travel expenses are down to you. We will need to catch a train from Egham station at about 8.50am, and then the tube to South Kensington station. So a Travelcard should be all you need. Despite my best efforts, I can still only find this price with a student railcard (7.10), so I would say round about 10 for those of you who don't have one. It would be good if we could all meet up beforehand/travel together, as that way Matt and I can sort payment out altogether at the door and not have to panic anyone.

Anyway, there will be more organisation once I have NUMBERS. So, if you are interested in a day out (partly) on us, then please reply and let me know. Thank you!

Kim

PS. Admin: after Tuesday's room-booking issue, I have spoken to the SU who have informed me that we are now meeting in ALT1 every Tuesday, instead of ALT2. That's the big lecture theatre by the foyer, just in case you're not sure. Would have been good of them to let me know this before the start of term, but nevermind :D See you in ALT1 on Tuesday!
Zoe Yealland Picocon (and admin) 15/01/2009 19:30

Yay please can you put me and julia armfield and isobel woodger, thanks!
Thursa Swindall Picocon (and admin) 16/01/2009 18:14

Hi - I'm sorry, I can't make the convention. Must go to London soon,
though, I feel the need to stare sadly at all the things I cannot buy
in Forbidden Planet! Thurs

Kim Coles wrote:
Firstly, Picocon!

On Tuesday quite a few of you expressed interest in coming with us on a
trip to Imperial College's SF convention. Just a reminder: Saturday
28th February, 10am start.
(http://www.union.ic.ac.uk/scc/icsf/social/events/picocon/index.html)
I received an email from the organisers who have organised for us to
have a slightly reduced ticket price. However, out of our love for you,
this price is irrelevant as we will be paying it. The catch is that on
arrival you MUST provide proof that you are either a student, or have
Union Membership. If this is an issue, please email me back and I'll
let them know to see what we can do.
Also, although the society will pay for the entry, travel expenses are
down to you. We will need to catch a train from Egham station at about
8.50am, and then the tube to South Kensington station. So a Travelcard
should be all you need. Despite my best efforts, I can still only find
this price with a student railcard (7.10), so I would say round about
10 for those of you who don't have one. It would be good if we could
all meet up beforehand/travel together, as that way Matt and I can sort
payment out altogether at the door and not have to panic anyone.
Anyway, there will be more organisation once I have NUMBERS. So, if you
are interested in a day out (partly) on us, then please reply and let
me know. Thank you!
Kim

PS. Admin: after Tuesday's room-booking issue, I have spoken to the SU
who have informed me that we are now meeting in ALT1 every Tuesday,
instead of ALT2. That's the big lecture theatre by the foyer, just in
case you're not sure. Would have been good of them to let me know this
before the start of term, but nevermind :D See you in ALT1 on Tuesday!
Aime Turner Picocon (and admin) 20/01/2009 17:15

Saturday 28th? Count me in! :)

Kim Coles wrote:
Firstly, Picocon!

On Tuesday quite a few of you expressed interest in coming with us on a
trip to Imperial College's SF convention. Just a reminder: Saturday
28th February, 10am start.
(http://www.union.ic.ac.uk/scc/icsf/social/events/picocon/index.html)
I received an email from the organisers who have organised for us to
have a slightly reduced ticket price. However, out of our love for you,
this price is irrelevant as we will be paying it. The catch is that on
arrival you MUST provide proof that you are either a student, or have
Union Membership. If this is an issue, please email me back and I'll
let them know to see what we can do.
Also, although the society will pay for the entry, travel expenses are
down to you. We will need to catch a train from Egham station at about
8.50am, and then the tube to South Kensington station. So a Travelcard
should be all you need. Despite my best efforts, I can still only find
this price with a student railcard (7.10), so I would say round about
10 for those of you who don't have one. It would be good if we could
all meet up beforehand/travel together, as that way Matt and I can sort
payment out altogether at the door and not have to panic anyone.
Anyway, there will be more organisation once I have NUMBERS. So, if you
are interested in a day out (partly) on us, then please reply and let
me know. Thank you!
Kim
Hugh Minchinton
Picocon (and admin) 22/01/2009 09:46

Yeah, I think I might put my name down for the trip (Hugh MInchinton). Do we pay next Tuesday?

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:46:34 +0000From: valinaelin@: announce@: [IFIS] Picocon (and admin)

Firstly, Picocon! On Tuesday quite a few of you expressed interest in coming with us on a trip to Imperial College's SF convention. Just a reminder: Saturday 28th February, 10am start. (http://www.union.ic.ac.uk/scc/icsf/social/events/picocon/index.html) I received an email from the organisers who have organised for us to have a slightly reduced ticket price. However, out of our love for you, this price is irrelevant as we will be paying it. The catch is that on arrival you MUST provide proof that you are either a student, or have Union Membership. If this is an issue, please email me back and I'll let them know to see what we can do.Also, although the society will pay for the entry, travel expenses are down to you. We will need to catch a train from Egham station at about 8.50am, and then the tube to South Kensington station. So a Travelcard should be all you need. Despite my best efforts, I can still only find this price with a student railcard (7.10), so I would say round about 10 for those of you who don't have one. It would be good if we could all meet up beforehand/travel together, as that way Matt and I can sort payment out altogether at the door and not have to panic anyone.Anyway, there will be more organisation once I have NUMBERS. So, if you are interested in a day out (partly) on us, then please reply and let me know. Thank you! KimPS. Admin: after Tuesday's room-booking issue, I have spoken to the SU who have informed me that we are now meeting in ALT1 every Tuesday, instead of ALT2. That's the big lecture theatre by the foyer, just in case you're not sure. Would have been good of them to let me know this before the start of term, but nevermind :D See you in ALT1 on Tuesday!
Picocon (and admin) 22/01/2009 10:23

Yup, count me in as well please.

Cheers,
Mohamed
Chris Lyth
Picocon (and admin) 23/01/2009 23:10

Like I said in the Alma Mata on Thursday, 28th feb is unfortunately my wife's birthday, and she would slightly kill me if I went.

Chris Lyth (clythJFK@ - shoot the president to reply)

I believe the moral losses of expediency always far outweigh the
temporary gains. -- Wendell L. Willkie

----- Original Message -----
To: announce@
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 2:46 PM
Subject: [IFIS] Picocon (and admin)

Firstly, Picocon!

Kim

Mahin Mahauthaman
Picocon (and admin) 03/02/2009 23:29

Sorry the delayed reply, but I'm well up for join in on this. :D

Mahin

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:46:34 +0000From: valinaelin@: announce@: [IFIS] Picocon (and admin)

Firstly, Picocon! On Tuesday quite a few of you expressed interest in coming with us on a trip to Imperial College's SF convention. Just a reminder: Saturday 28th February, 10am start. (http://www.union.ic.ac.uk/scc/icsf/social/events/picocon/index.html) I received an email from the organisers who have organised for us to have a slightly reduced ticket price. However, out of our love for you, this price is irrelevant as we will be paying it. The catch is that on arrival you MUST provide proof that you are either a student, or have Union Membership. If this is an issue, please email me back and I'll let them know to see what we can do.Also, although the society will pay for the entry, travel expenses are down to you. We will need to catch a train from Egham station at about 8.50am, and then the tube to South Kensington station. So a Travelcard should be all you need. Despite my best efforts, I can still only find this price with a student railcard (7.10), so I would say round about 10 for those of you who don't have one. It would be good if we could all meet up beforehand/travel together, as that way Matt and I can sort payment out altogether at the door and not have to panic anyone.Anyway, there will be more organisation once I have NUMBERS. So, if you are interested in a day out (partly) on us, then please reply and let me know. Thank you! KimPS. Admin: after Tuesday's room-booking issue, I have spoken to the SU who have informed me that we are now meeting in ALT1 every Tuesday, instead of ALT2. That's the big lecture theatre by the foyer, just in case you're not sure. Would have been good of them to let me know this before the start of term, but nevermind :D See you in ALT1 on Tuesday!