The released version of the image was a 300 kilobyte Jpeg file. It
decompresses to over 30 megabytes. This makes it just too large to be
of any use. I [Andy] have therefore shrunk it to the image you see
below. I have also turned the image into an imagemap, allowing you to
zoom in on areas of interest. This is primitive, but at least you
don't have to scroll round an absolutely huge picture.
Points of note:
- The nameplate is on the nose section. As per the Earthforce Destroyers.
- The ship has a number of what appear to be enormous gun
barrels. The most prominent is under the nose section, but there
is also one on top of the nose, and two over the neck, just
forward of the bridge.
- There are also a number of smaller guns visible in the nose. The
most prominent of these is below the nameplate. You may need to
adjust the monitor brightness to see these.
- The pods at the end of the fins are presumably the engines. The
pod on the vertical fin has extra plates on the sides, but seems
otherwise identical to the other two.
- God (or JMS) alone knows what the stubby fin underneath is or
does. It looks odd whatever it is.
If you're suicidal enough want to see the large picture, you can
download that too.
Page originally written by Andy.