As the 2nd term of this academic draws to a close, we are having both our last film night before the spring holidays and most importantly, our hustings!
Starting with the hustings, while the elections are starting during the holidays, we think it is important that we give possible candidates a chance to speak and allow for our members to decide who they would want to be on committee. This will be take place on Tuesday over at Arts Building, Lecture theatre 1, starting at 7pm. If you plan on running, please try to arrive on time as this makes it easier to organise and make sure the night goes smoothly. But if you think you may be running late, feel free to message the page so we are aware and can plan accordingly. please note that this is not a voting night, rather we allow any candidates to give a speech and answer questions.there are four roles that you can run for, which are:
- President: In charge of making plans for the society, such as creating events alongside the rest of committee. liaises with SU, makes sure everything goes smoothly and check in on our members.
- Secretary: Mainly works behind the scene in regards to writing emails, updating the website like adding new members, books room and parking for those that need it.
- Treasurer: Makes sure that money being spent for the socieity is within the budget. deals with claiming money with the society accounts. creates new ways of raising funds.
- Librarian: In charge of our library, responsible for buying new books. promotes what we have and where members can find it.
If you are interested in running, or want the run down on particular roles, then feel free to message the Facebook page, our email, or the current person who holds that position. Again, This will be taking place on this Tuesday (20/3) in ALT1, the same place as our last film night. speaking of the film night, this will be a suggestions based one. so if there is a film you think would be great to watch, then feel free to bring it along. we will hold a vote and the winner is the one we will watch!
before that, we do have our usual library open time, so for those that want to come see what we've got, our Librarian will be in the Boiler house Foyer at 6.30pm.
Lastly, we have our pub social on Thursday, so come meet us over at the beehive at 7pm for a nice time with the society before the term finishes!
We hope that you had a good term and have enjoyed the society events as much as we have running them for you. its been great and we look forward to seeing who will be running to be on the committee for next year! until Tuesday, farewell.
- Sci-fi & Fantasy Secretary
IFIS (RHUL Sci-Fi&Fantasy society) - www.ifis.org.uk/
Twitter : http://twitter.com/surhul_ifis
Google+ : http://plus.google.com/u/0/106186675053497878407
To unsubscribe from this list either email announce-unsubscribe@
or visit www.ifis.org.uk/cgi-perl/listsub.pl?opt=unsub&list=announce