This (and other parts of the website) is a WIKI, which means anyone who has an account can add or edit content. It isn't complicated to edit pages and if you need it, there is a handy guide on how to do it. Otherwise here is what we currently have to read about - enjoy.
Serious, useful stuff
IFIS Traditions and Games
- Eastercon - The UK National SF Convention. Happens at Easter, unsurprisingly. Originally focussed on written SF and fantasy, now with an increasing amount of film and TV themed content as well. The link is to a wiki about eastercons, as each year's con has it's own site, which will be linked from there.
- Picocon - Imperial College's annual one-day SF convention. Nearby, cheap and a good day out.
- Redemption - An annual (with occasional gaps, such as 2012) mixed-media SF convention.
- Worldcon - The annual international SF convention. Frequently happens in the US, but not always. The 2014 Worldcon happened in London.
- Science Fiction London - Regular festival of SF film - mix of low budget, arthouse, shorts and "other" SF films.
- Nine Worlds - this is a recently addition to the line up and bills itself as a "Geek Fest". It's held one weekend in August.
Other SF Groups
- ansible - Dave Langford's online fanzine. A good source of SF and Fannish news.
- IO9 - Very tv/film focussed and poorly fact-checked, but still handy to find stuff out.
- SF Encyclopedia (beta) - Online SF encyclopedia, still under development.
- Den of Geek - General geekery rather than pure SF, but SF features a fair bit.
- Quiet Earth - "The UHF of the film world" - short film news and info, much of which is SFnal.
- The Eclipse on 19990811
- The Government and the Greys
- Star Trek Script Writer's Construction Kit
IFIS Society Management Stuff